Having a comfortable bathroom and a good toilet are important considerations in every home or building in general. Unfortunately, not enough attention is often accorded to choosing the correct toilet. if anything, it tends to be one of the decisions often relegated to contractors and, in certain cases, often fall victim to cost-cutting measures during construction. However, if you ever had the need to renovate your bathroom, I am sure that you are well aware that choosing a high-quality toilet can actually save you money in terms of maintenance and replacement in the future.
That said, in this article, I will provide you with a rundown of the top toilet brands. Each of these brands carry a whole range of different toilet models, so you will certainly find one which suits your needs and lifestyle.
What makes a good toilet?
Before we proceed with our list of top toilet brands, let us first discuss an equally important topic – the characteristics of a good toilet. If you are scouting for the perfect toilet for your bathroom, then it is not enough that you know the top manufacturers of toilets; it is also necessary that you know exactly what you are looking for. To give you a better idea of what makes a good toilet, here are a couple of things you should look for:
- Comfort. This is a primary consideration given that a toilet is something that you will be using on a regular basis. Take into consideration the individuals who will be using the toilet. Any special requirements (e.g., health conditions or disability) must also be taken into consideration when choosing a toilet.
- Durability. Considering how often toilets are used and how much of a hassle replacing a broken one is, durability is also a primary consideration. Choose a model which will most likely last you for several years.
- Environment-friendliness. Being eco-friendly might not be the foremost consideration when purchasing a toilet but making your home green is not only beneficial for the environment, but for your wallet as well. For example, an eco-friendly toilet will use less water during flushing, allowing you to save on your water bills. Some models even allow you to recycle used water for flushing.
These three factors should be your main consideration when picking a toilet brand and model for your bathroom. Of course, you will also have to take your budget into consideration. However, considering that there is no shortage of toilet models out there, you certainly will not have any difficulty in looking for a toilet which meets the criteria above without leaving a dent in your wallet.
What are the top toilet brands?
Now that you have a fair idea of what you should be looking for in a toilet, let us now move to a rundown of the best toilet brands.
- American Standard. American Standard is one of the most popular toilet brands out there and for good reason. American Standard has been around for more than 140 years and it has continuously pushed for quality and innovation. What makes this a good brand is the fact that its toilets are eco-friendly in the sense that they use up 70 percent less water than other brands, but without compromising flushing power.
- TOTO. This brand is a Japanese brand and one of its main features is its sleek and modern design. TOTO toilets are certainly durable and are perfectly suited for individuals who want to take the modern feel to the bathroom. one of the most notable features of TOTO is the heated toilet seat.
- Kohler. This brand dates back to 1883 and has certainly made a name for itself in the plumbing industry and in the manufacture of bathroom implements. Toilets manufactured by Kohler are sturdy and all feature environment-friendly designs, making it the toilet of choice for individuals who are environmentally conscious.
- Duravit. This brand puts a premium on comfort so if you have any special specifications, then this is the brand to try. However, Duravit toilets tend to be heavier than other brands so installation might be quite challenging.
- Niagara Conservation.This brand is not as well-known as other brands despite being around for 40 years already. Nevertheless, this brand remains to be quite formidable considering its conscious efforts in terms of environmental conservation. The brand also puts a premium on ensuring quietness when flushing.
- Sterling. Sterling used to be a separate company but it has since merged with Kohler. That said, the features of Sterling toilets are comparable to those of Kohler. Their toilets are very durable. That said, if you want a high-quality toilet but do not have the budget for a Kohler, then Sterling is the brand for you.
- Saniflo.Saniflo is another well-known brand. This company is based in France and goes way back to the 1960s. if you are looking for a high-quality toilet grinder, then this is the brand which you should definitely check out. It must be cautioned, however, that it does not have the same flushing power as its counterparts mentioned above.
As you might well know already, the seven toilet brands mentioned above are not the only manufacturers of toilets out there. In fact, there are so many manufacturers, it will take several articles just to go through each one. Nonetheless, these seven toilet brands are a good place to start if you do not know which toilet to buy for your bathroom.
The trick to finding the perfect toilet for your bathroom is knowing exactly which factors you are looking for. The criteria making a good toilet enumerated above should certainly be your top considerations, along with your budget and your interior design. Note that there are numerous choices available for you, so you will certainly find one that fits your needs without messing with your bathroom’s aesthetics. And when in doubt, grab something from one of the brands mentioned above. You cannot really go wrong with the tried and tested.